The Harbour Trust and NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service are writing new Management Plans for the WHOLE of Middle Head.
Last Sunday, a “Planning Information Day” was held at Middle Head and attended by hundreds from the public.
At the Planning Day, the Trust gave out a SURVEY FORM. This feedback will be used to draft the new Plans.
HPG gave out our Middle Head Outcomes, a diagram showing the 2014 Plan amendments allowing for aged-care, and HPG’s 10 Terminal Project Master Plan.
Please take the SURVEY, which will be counted as a submission. It is not necessary to fill in all the boxes. BOX 16 ALLOWS UNLIMITED COMMENTS.
In “Part 15, Box – Ten Terminal Buildings” or “Box 16 Further Feedback” HPG suggests inserting at least the following:“Adapt 10 Terminal for a heritage interpretive centre. Delete 2014 management plan (aged care) amendments, which allow a much larger 2-storey building. These amendments MUST be revoked”
ONLINE SURVEY FORM HERE
Alternatively, you may also print the pdf version of the online survey and post or email (plus a handwritten letter if you desire) to
Middle Head – Have Your Say
PO BOX 607
Mosman NSW 2088
HPG KEY POINTS FOR SURVEY
1. Middle Head Fort (land past the boom gate) - Create an indoor/outdoor museum. Conserve the heritage houses to original condition with public uses e.g. visitor’s centre, museum. Discourage commercial private uses and holiday rentals. Maintain existing vehicle restrictions and relocate works depot elsewhere - no new buildings.
2. 10 Terminal Complex - Adapt for a Middle Head heritage interpretive centre. See HPG’s 10 TERMINAL PROJECT. Delete 2014 management plan (aged care) amendments relating to 10 Terminal, which allow a much larger and partial 2-storey building.Conserve the 10 Terminal building complex intact. Ensure public access through and around the 10 Terminal complex. Public, not exclusive private uses. Uses such as accommodation, which would require special protection from bushfire should not be considered.
3. 3 Barracks Buildings - Allow for removal of 1 or more of the buildings.
4. Middle Head Oval - Retain natural grass. Promote public recreation uses, not just organised sport. May relocate existing small sports pavilion of same size.
5. Minimise traffic and car parks. No new or replacement buildings. Encourage public transport.
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY HARBOUR TRUST
Fact Sheet and Map PDF
Specific sites, history PDF
Harbour Trust Plans and Process PDF
Whole of headland PDF